Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 / 2.0 to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS, 3G Released for Windows
Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 is finally released by iH8sn0w to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 for windows. Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 creates custom firmware which preserves your baseband so that you can use ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone with older baseband.
Initially, Sn0wbreeze 2.0 version was released which is now updated to sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 as there was iTunes Error 37 occurring in 2.0 version. Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 supports iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod Touch 1G, 2G, 3G with some of them must be already jailbroken. Here we have the complete compatibility and requirement list for sn0wbreeze2.0.1 to jailbreak iOS 4.1.
Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 can jailbreak following iDevices
- iPod touch 1G (Must be jailbroken on any firmware version)
- iPod touch 2G (Non-MC Model, Must be jailbroken on any firmware, if not, then use iREB from here)
- iPod touch 2G (MC Model, must be on iOS 3.1.2. Does not need to be jailbroken on 3.1.2)
- iPod touch 3G (Must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2)
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G (Must be jailbroken on any firmware, if not, then use iREB from here)
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom (Must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2)
- iPhone 3GS old bootrom (Must be already jailbroken. If you are jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, install Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net.
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G and iPod Touch with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1
- Download and install iTunes 10.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 for windows and iOS 4.1 and save it on your desktop.
- Start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your PC to take backs-up all your important data like photos, apps and contacts.
- Run Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and select “Expert Mode”.
- A prompt will appear to select the .ipsw firmware. ”Browse” to select the iOS 4.1 ipsw file. Select the file downloaded in step 2 and continue. An error prompt will appear saying that your device must be already jailbroken before to proceed.
- Note, if you are jailbreaking iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) or iPod touch 3G, make sure you hit “General”-> and select “Use iBooty Method” (3.1.2 Installation Required!).
- A prompt will appear asking “Do you want to activate your iPhone?”. Select “Yes” if you are on unofficial carrier (ie other than AT&T) and want to hacktivate your iPhone else select “No”.
- Now select ‘Build IPSW”. Sn0wbreeze will create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken. Wait for some time for Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 to complete its process.
- Step 10 is to be followed by only iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G models users. Rest, please go directly to step 11.
- Download iReb V4.0 and make sure that iTunes is launched. Launch iREB and select “Online Mode” and select your device. Put your phone in DFU mode. For doing so, turn off your iPhone. Hold Power and Home buttons together for around 10 seconds. Now release Power button but still holding the Home button until your computer recognizes a new USB device. Now, iTunes will find your phone now.
- Now, you have to restore to the custom firmware 4.1 created by sn0wbreeze just now. For doing this, click on your phone from the sidebar in iTunes and hold down “shift” key while clicking the “Restore” button on iTunes and then release the “shift” key. After this, iTunes will prompt you to select the location of the custom firmware 4.1. Select the new created custom 4.1 firmware and click “Open”.
- Now, wait while iTunes automatically performs steps to jailbreak your device. You will see a progress bar indicating the installation in process. Don’t click on anywhere and after installation is complete, your iPhone will restart automatically.
Now, your iPhone is successfully Jailbroken on iOS 4.1. You can now unlock it using Ultasn0w 1.1-1 using this complete guide. Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 will NOT Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G. So please do not try to jailbreak these devices. Wait for the SHAtter exploit to jailbreak these devices which is also expected to release soon. You can join us on twitter or facebook for latest and more updates on iPhone and Jailbreak for all iDevices.