Chinese teen dies after charging iPhone electrocutes her while she slept

Posted in iPhone News by admin. Published August 1st, 2014

Chinese teen dies after charging iPhone electrocutes her while she slept

A Chinese woman found her 18-year-old sister dead in her bedroom, the teen’s body covered in burns and her phone lying next to her. Experts believe the teenager was electrocuted as she slept next to the charging iPhone 4S.

A Chinese 18-year-old died after her charging iPhone 4S like this one electrocuted her.

A Chinese teenager died in her sleep when the iPhone charging next to her gave her a massive electric shock.

The Xinjiang 18-year-old’s older sister discovered the victim’s body  July 24, The China Times reported.

The sister smelled something burning and found the teen lying in her bedroom. Her iPhone 4S was sitting next to her, its screen shattered.

The teen’s body was covered in burns and experts from the Forensic Science Association of China concluded she died of electrocution.

Last year, a Chinese flight attendant died from an electronic shock when she answered her ringing iPhone 5 as it charged. She apparently used a third-party charger, not an official one from Apple.

It’s unclear what kind of charger the 18-year-old was using when she died.

Last week, a 13-year-old Texas girl’s smartphone caught fire after it slipped underneath her pillow as she slept.

Ariel Tolfree’s Samsung Galaxy S4 was destroyed and her pillow was burned, but she was uninjured, Texas’s KDFW reported.



Share this :
[ | Google | Linkagogo | Digg | reddit | Squidoo | StumbleUpon | Yahoo MyWeb ]

Buy iPhone from Amazon

Comments are closed.


Follow me on Twitter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Buy iPhone from Amazon


Recent post

Tag cloud


Gadget Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Powered by  MyPagerank.Net

website monitoring service

site statistics
eXTReMe Tracker

Wordpress Theme

Designed by Bacteriano based on iPhone PSD file designed by Manicho.