Man in India claims his new iPhone 6 combusted in his car

Posted in iPhone News by admin. Published June 27th, 2015

Man in India claims his new iPhone 6 combusted in his car

We knew Apple’s mobe was hot in Asia, but this is ridiculous

A man in India says his iPhone 6 burst into flames just two days after he purchased the handset.

The Times of India reports that restaurant owner Kishan Yadav was making a hands-free call while driving through the city of when he noticed his new iPhone 6 emitting sparks. He tossed the overheating handset out of the window and onto the street where it immediately burst into flames upon impact.

Yadav said he had bought the phone two days earlier from a local shop and for Rs 60,000 ($945) he got a new gray 64GB handset. The man said that he only escaped serious injury because he was using the hands-free feature.

“My face could have got burn as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds. When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70%,” said Yadav.

Yadav has filed both a police report and a First Information Report with local authorities. Apple declined to comment on the matter.

This is the second time this year an Apple customer has reported a spontaneously combusting iPhone. In February, a New York man suffered third-degree burns when his iPhone 5c exploded in his pants after he bent down to pick up his keys.

[Thanks: http://www.theregister.co.uk]

iPhone-News-Updated


Share this :
[ del.icio.us | Google | Linkagogo | Digg | reddit | Squidoo | StumbleUpon | Yahoo MyWeb ]

Buy iPhone from Amazon

Comments are closed.


Search

Follow me on Twitter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Buy iPhone from Amazon

Pages


Recent post


Tag cloud


Categories

Gadget Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Powered by  MyPagerank.Net
surfgopher.com

website monitoring service

site statistics
eXTReMe Tracker



iPhoneFan
Wordpress Theme


Designed by Bacteriano based on iPhone PSD file designed by Manicho.